NOUN 2018/19 Sale Of Admission Forms For Certificate, Diploma, Undergraduates Programmes Begins
The sale of form for admission into the National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN), Certificate, Diploma, Undergraduates Programmes has commenced for 2018/2019 Academic Year.
1. Certificate Programmes
a) Proficiency Certificate Programmes
Note: Candidates for Proficiency Certificates will NOT be qualified to proceed to Certificates/Diploma programmes without possessing the requisite basic qualifications.
b) University (Academic) Certificate Programmes
- Junior Secondary School Certificate.
- Minimum of 2 credits in SSCE/GCE ‘O’ Level, NECO, NABTEB and at not more than two sittings.
- Mature candidates of 30 years and above with relevant work experience of not less than 10 years or evidence of prior knowledge/proficiency in a relevant field may be considered on their merit.
2. Diploma Programmes
- A minimum of three credits in SSCE/GCE ‘O’ Level, NECO and NABTEB at not more than two sittings with at least a pass in English Language.
- Senior Islamic School Certificate/Higher Islamiyyah Certificate including Arabic and Islamic Studies
Note: To qualify to proceed to appropriate degree programme of NOUN, holders of Diploma Certificates would be required to make up any deficiencies in their SSCE/GCE, NECO, NABTEB and T.C II.
3. Undergraduate Programmes.
- Five (5) SSC credit passes or equivalents at not more than two (2) sittings obtained in subjects relevant to the proposed field(s) of study.
- Teachers’ Grade II Certificate with a minimum of five (5)merit passes or in combination with any equivalent qualification to obtain five (5) ‘O’ level credit passes. Candidates seeking admission into the School of Law must have five (5) ‘O’ level credit passes including English Language, Literature in English and at least a Pass in Mathematics at not more than two (2) sittings in SSC or GCE ‘O’ level only.
- The School of Arts and Social Sciences require that one of the five (5) ‘O’ level credit passes must be in English Language, while at least two (2) should be in subjects relevant to the proposed programme.
- For School of Business and Human Resources Management, the five (5) ‘O’ level credit passes must include English Language and Mathematics.
- For School of Education, the five (5) ‘O’ level credit passes must include English Language and Mathematics for Science Education; and English Language for all Humanities.
- For School of Science and Technology, the five (5) ‘O’ level credit passes must include Mathematics and English Language.
- NCE in subject(s) relevant to the proposed programme of study; Early Childhood and Primary Education Programme requires a minimum of one (1) Merit and two (2) passes at NCE.
- At least two (2) ‘A’ level passes in relevant subjects obtained from International Baccalaureate or IJMB and the pre-requisite number of ‘O’ level credit passes. Candidates for entry into the School of Law must have a minimum of second class (lower) degree from any recognized university with at least five (5) ‘O’ level credit passes including English Language, Literature in English and a pass in Mathematics at not more than two (2) sittings in SSC or GCE ‘O’ Level only.
- Five (5) ‘0’ level credit passes and ‘A’ level passes must be in subjects relevant to the proposed programme (s).
- ‘O’ level credit pass in Mathematics is required for all Sciences and Technology, Business Education and Science Education Programmes. ‘O’ level pass in Mathematics may be considered for Social Sciences Programmes. Also, ‘O’ level pass in English Language may be considered for Physics and Mathematics Programmes.
- Candidates applying for B.A English, B.A. (Ed) English and B.Sc. Mass Communication must have ‘O’ level credit pass in Literature in English.
- Holders of First Degree, HND or RN with prior knowledge and relevant work experience may be considered for advanced placement and waiver.
- Candidates awaiting results of any relevant examination may also apply; they should however note that processing of application will not be completed until entry requirements are met.
Method Of Application
The entire process is electronic and online for 24-hours a day. The method of application is as follows:
- Visit https://www.nouonline.net/
- Select Undergraduate Programme. Other programme is not available at the moment
- Go to “Choose Faculty” (note it can be found at the left hand side of the screen)
- Select Faculty
- Fill displayed form
- Click below to view admission criteria
- Click “Apply” to proceed.
- Click ‘Continue’ button
- Select Bank Branch as payment type
- Click “Pay”
- Perform step 1 to 3
- Go to “Continue After Payment”
- Click “Proceed”
After filling form
- Click “Submit”
- Print Admission Letter
- Visit the nearest study centre for screening
Pay as follow for NOUN online application forms:
- Undergraduate Programmes N5, 000.00 (five thousand naira only)
NOUN 2018/19 Sale Of Admission Forms For Certificate, Diploma, Undergraduates Programmes Begins , firstname.lastname@example.org (fatomiluyi olalekan) , 2018-04-16 07:42:47